There are many factors that can cause teeth to turn yellow.
Teeth can become yellow from:
- certain foods or drinks, such as blueberries, red wine, coffee, or tea
- a diet high in sugar and simple carbohydrates
- smoking or chewing tobacco
- side effects of certain medications and mouthwashes
- age, as older adults are more likely to have yellow teeth
- mouth trauma
- excessive fluoride consumption
- poor dental care and oral hygiene
- chronic dry mouth or lack of saliva
Here are seven natural options for getting rid of yellow teeth.
It may be best to choose a few treatments and rotate them throughout the week. Some of the suggestions below do not have research to support them, but have been proven to be effective by anecdotal reports.
Experiment to find a solution that works for you.